Sunday, July 15, 2007

Does this mean I am getting old?

I have been having lots of eye strain issues while knitting here in the last couple of months. So I broke down and went to the Eye Doctor last week. After lots of testing and time looking at that HUGE "E", Dr. says I need BIFOCALS!! What? I am only 24, I dont know many 24 yr olds with bifocals. My vision is great dont get me wrong, its just with all of the teeny tiny needles and yarn my eyes are freaking out. My hubby has been giving me serious BS about this. I started knitting and he tells me I am old, and now that I have to get these specs I am granny! WTF? I guess I cant complain too much though. I adore my needle time and with my eyes hurtin like blazes, I guess its time to suck it up and just do it! I will post pics of them as soon as I can. They should be done this week. I sure hope so, my new CTH yarn is calling nay yelling at me. Till next time peeps.

4 comments:

Meghann said...

so sorry about the bifocals! But at least you can keep on knitting:)

Anonymous said...

I did a search about bifocals and found your blog. I am 27 was told I need bifocals too.My first glasses ! I have a + 1.50 add whatever that means! He said it is up to me. how often to wear them but said I need the ones with the lines on them. Do yours have lines?
Were they hard to wear? Did anyone they were bifocals.
I think I really need them but have not done it yet, Iget a headache every day at work!
Sorry for so many questions
Thanks
MJW

KnitMommy said...

Glad you found my blog! Hope you stop by again! Yes mine have lines, they make it easier for your eyes to destinguish between the two focals. You really cant tell that they are bifocals unless you are really looking at them. Good luck with your glasses! Tasha

Jen in KS said...

I had to get bifocals when I was seven. Yep. Just call me First Grade Granny. During Jr. High I was able to switch to single-focus lenses, but I'll probably have to go back one of these days. In the mean time I've got a special pair of glasses just for computer use, quilting and knitting, for all those activities of mine that give me eye strain headaches. At least you'll have everything in one pair of glasses!

By the way, found your blog through Ravelry. We're both in the Twist group.